It’s one of the most romantic moments of the day – your first dance. Maybe you’ve had lessons to nail the perfect spin, or perhaps you’re winging it and going au naturel.
Whatever your style – be it rehearsed, fast or slow – it all comes down to the song, and with thousands of love songs out there, it can be hard to narrow it down to just one.
When selecting your first dance song, we suggest considering these three things:
- The story – does it tell a story and do you want it to? Does the story reflect you/your partner and your story?
- The lyrics – are they especially meaningful to you and do you want them to be?
- The rhythm/tempo – does it suit the style of your wedding and your personalities, and can you dance to it comfortably?
To get you started, we’ve listed 25 song options for you to consider:
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
- All of Me – John Legend
- Accidentally In Love – Counting Crows
- Falling in Love with You – Elvis Presley
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- She is the Sunlight – Trading Yesterday
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
- Runnin’ Home to You – Grant Gustin
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- I Get to Love You – Ruelle
- From the Ground Up – Dan + Shay
- I Was Made for Loving You – Tori Kelly and Ed Sheeran
- Iris – the Goo Goo Dolls
- Falling – Oh Gravity
- I Choose You – Sara Bareilles
- All About Us – He Is We and Owl City
- Everything – Michael Buble
- I Love You Always Forever – Betty Who
- Dela – Johnny Clegg
- We Found Love – Rihanna and Calvin Harris
- I Do – Colbie Caillat
- Unforgettable – Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
- Our Love is Here to Stay – Natalie Cole
Remember, if you love a song but don’t like the tempo, you can always find a cover or have live music played to suit your preference.
BONUS – any of these songs would be amazing to walk down the aisle to as well.
Until next time, keep making your moments unforgettable xx